Re: Bold Fonts Not Working in OpenOffice (Sid)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:05:03 -0500
Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> this may be a problem with the rendering of text onscreen.  In
> particular I notice that Bitstream Vera Charter (which was the default
> font when I first installed OOo) Bold does not look any different
> ONSCREEN than the non-bold.  Try changing the font, e.g. to Times, see
> if that helps.  If that solves your problem, then you just need to
> switch your default font to something that displays properly.  If you
> really like charter and want to keep it as your default, than that
> demands a proper fix I unfortunatley am not competent to tell you how
> to arrange.

I second that. Try a different onscreen font and the "problem" should
disappear. It Bitstream Vera Sans I can see bold clearly, but not at all
in Bookman. It seems that the sans serif fonts will show bold onscreen,
but the serif fonts generally won't.

regards,
Robert