Re: sound driver

Justin Guerin escribió:

On Thursday 18 November 2004 07:59, Jason Rennie wrote:
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 01:25:51PM -0700, Justin Guerin wrote:
The size discrepency is most likely due to differing kernel versions. What kernel are you using in Sarge? How about in Knoppix?
Both are 2.4.27

Hmm, the above output would seem to suggest that ogg123 is actually
working. If there isn't an error  message you forgot to copy, how about
turning up the volume via a mixer?
Sorry, forgot to mention the details of the problem...  the first
second of the song is repeated continuously.  It works in the sense
that I get out sound and it is sound from the song that I'm trying to
play, but it only plays the first second, over-and-over again.
Imagine a CD or record that keeps skipping.

Jason

Sounds like you have a DMA or IRQ problem. Can you check which DMA and IRQ channels are assigned during Knoppix boot, and during Debian boot? You may have to tell the sound module to use a specific IRQ when it's loaded. I had to do the same thing with my ISA card, when I first configured it. I just went down the list of available IRQs before I got to one that worked.

Hope that helps,
Justin

Try sndconfig <http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?sndconfig> ( http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?sndconfig ). See http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?SoundConfiguration

Regards.