Re: vim + putty = "<F2>" instead of "/" using keypad

Joao Clemente wrote:

> Hi.
> I wonder is someone faced this problem and actually knows a workaround for it... I googled but the answers I got didn't solved my problem:
>
> When using putty to connect do a woody box, the '/' key abive the numeric keypad works perfectly... except inside vim. If used inside vim, I get a "<F2>" displayed every time I press that key...
>
> Any workaround known? I have no ideia if this is a putty misconfiguration or vimrc missing something... It is stange that only happens inside vim (and if I use vim directly on that box keyboard it works fine)

I get the same on Sarge, and it doesn't work at all in screen.
After a little playing, in the configuration window, under keyboard, set the sequence sent by Function Keys and keypad to VT100+

I'm preseuming VIM expects this, and the terminal can accept other formats. This change also makes it work under screen.

There may be a configuration change in vim/screen as well, but this is probably easier.

(remember to save the settings for the session so you don't have to do this every time)

HTH

Tristan
--- Begin Message ---
Joao Clemente wrote:
[...]