Re: Sarge: nVidia proprietary driver vs. udev

Christian Convey wrote:
Figured this thread might interest y'all. Sorry to post it mid-conversation...

Who knows where that thread goes: can't follow it, no time.

Anyway: In installing gnome-volume-manager I also lost the Nvidia proprietary driver.

Reason is that the former installs hal and udev and *that* made nVidia not load. It would load again in I placed it in /etc/modules.

So there is something with udev and the nVidia proprietary driver.

Hugo