Cups in sarge stops a lot.. maybe lprng better?

Hi. I've tried so setup a print server in sarge, for a epson cx3200 usb printer... Cups gets stopped lots of times (every other day?) and I need to manually restart the printer...

I am thinking of getting a cronjob doing "/usr/bin/enable PrinterName" as I think this alone would reduce the support call I receive in 80% ..
but in the first place CUPS shouldn't be stopping that many times..

Anyone facing this problem decided to go back to lprng or something?

Joao Clemente