new installer freeze

Hi Debian!

Since Oct. 18th attempts to use the new installer with the linux26 or expert26 option cause a hang and a frozen keyboard at "Installing Base-system". I filed a bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=278254

It could be my machine: KT7A Abit mobo, 3 strips of 168pin 256MB memory, Athlon 850MHz, 2 HDD's IDE one of 80GB one of 20GB, one CD burner, no network card, external 56KB modem on serial port. TNT2 on AGP, MX-440 on PCI. But what could be plainer than this?

The one "weird" thing: I have 2 kbds + 2 mice. But when I removed the weird factor the hang still happened.

I can install default and install the 2.4.27 kernel.

Has anybody tried to install the 2.6 kernel with the new installer?
With what result?

Hugo