Re: Off-Topic; was, Will debian Grow....

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 23:59, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:09:25 -0500
> Michael Z Daryabeygi <mzd@sligowebworks.com> wrote:
>
> > The only thing that gets my goat on lists is when people complain
> > about OT or ask people to take things off list.
> > lists are first about community.
>
> I have been hoping this wouldn't pop up in here.  I recently quit
> another Linux mailing list because of political OT discussion and the
> way it was handled.  I agree that our focus should be Debian Linux and
> related subjects and we should just let our politics follow our
> consciences.
> Besides, aren't most of the denizens of DU not USians?  Why make them
> listen to it?

As a non-USian, I can say that today we non-USians have a serious
interest in US politics -- as never before!

> Unite under Tux!

Okay, I guess I owe everyone an apology.  It was late last night here
(UK) when I posted that light-hearted comment:  it didn't occur to me
(though perhaps it should have) that it would start another long OT
about OT.  (I have the impression that almost all long threads here are
OT, which perhaps says something about this community -- maybe even
something good).

Still, I agree that this is not the forum for it, and I do apologize for
deflecting us down that road.

--
richard