Re: Will Debian grow and stay?

William Ballard wrote:

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 06:43:54PM -0500, Curt Howland wrote:
didn't even get political. I said that reporters and editors tend to miscomprehend motivations that they do not share themselves, even when repeatedly informed of what those motivations are. I then cited a present-day example that I assumed people would understand.

Choose a more appropriate domain from which to draw your examples.

You're making it very easy for reporters (i.e., your marketing message) to draw the conclusion that that what motivates Free Software is similar to what motivates Bin Ladin: some sort of jihadist attack on Microsoft.
You're playing right into their hands.

Don't go around throwing sticks of dynamite and complaing when they go off.

It's actually good you brought it up: because this kind of mixing chocolate and peanut butter is why Linux in general meets resistance. Linux has matured to the point where it needs to think about marketing itself to the world. Prevent a positive message.

<snip>

LOL.  Are you sure you want to "prevent" a positive message????