Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 04:41:10PM -0500, Rick Friedman wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> >Will Ness <wilderness48@gmail.com> writes:
> >

> >>F-Prot is a good linux anti-virus for linux. Spyware, you got me, but
> >>as earlier posters said, be smart about how you use your browser and
> >>you will be generally ok.
> >

> >But F-Prot sucks by default because it is nonfree.  Check out clamav
> >instead.  http://www.clamav.net/
>
> Hmmm... except F-Prot for Linux for the workstation is free for personal
> use.
Well free as in speech and free as in bear makes sometimes a huge difference.
In general I find it very important to have things free as in speech but in
some cases you might have advantages with nonfree (maybe free as in beer)
software.

Sven
--
Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,