Re: A better title

> Cecil <xeys_00@yahoo.com> [2004-11-16 18:03]:
>
> Because of sheer boredom, I'd like to be able to setup my linux box
> to be able to somehow route stuff in such a way that email sent to
> flatkitty@roadkill.org ends up in my linux box via fetchmail or
> maybe even kmail.  Am I lookng in the wrong direction for this? I'd
> like to be able to hide my real email address and use my roadkill
> address.  I don't actually have this address.  I would like somehow
> to have my linux box be able to recieve email sent to this address,
> and have the actual email address I use get translated somehow. My
> email address is xeys_00@yahoo.com, but I would like for people to
> be able to send to the flat kitty address. Many thanks in advance.

I do not get your intention: Do you want to receive emails sent to
<flatkitty@roadkill.org> on your box but have the address rewritten to
<xeys_00@yahoo.com>?  Or do you want to send email as if they would
come from <xeys_00@yahoo.com> although your 'real' address is
<flatkitty@roadkill.org>?

In the former case: why?  If the email is safely delivered, why
change?

In the latter case:  make use of an appropriate MTA like postfix or
so.

However, I might have misunderstood your approach completely.
Therefore my questions:
- roadkill.org : do they deliver email by POP?
-                or do they simply forward email?

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |