Re: Antivirus/Antispyware/Antiadware for linux?

Juha Siltala wrote:

>>> Linux doesn't support viruses to begin with, so we don't need to worry
>>> about fighting them.
>>
>> Wow! May be they'll add a feature to support viruses into 2.8? ;-)
>
> Well, saying "linux" there was not very smart on second thought. Any
> process with root privileges will do :)

Nope. First, any process with usual user rights can do enough bad or
destructive for (or on behalf of!) that user. Second, there always is
potential (or even well-known) vulnerabilities in system libraries,
utilities, daemons, kernel at last, so that process can gain root
privileges.

Linux supports viruses.

--
Regards,