Problems while sharing the net

Hi all,

I have a LAN setup(two e100 ethernet cards connected directly) between
two computers; one(Computer A) is a dual-boot machine of Linux and
Windows XP while the other(Computer B) has Windows 2000 OS. I need
Computer A (when Linux is booted up) to access the net through
Computer B(which is connected via telephone line to a local ISP).

I tried the following steps but it didn't work:

1) Computer B
    IP address is 192.168.0.1
    The subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0
    I've also allowed 'sharing of internet'.

    I beleive these settings are fine because Computer A is able to
access the net when I boot up in Windows XP.

2) Computer A
     I exectued the following commands:

     $ modprobe e100
     $ ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 (I also tried
the same command without adding the netmask setting separately)
     $ route add default gw 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth0
(I also tried with a netmask of 255.255.255.255 separately)

    I think that Computer A(when booted in Linux) is connected to the
LAN because I get reply to pings from both the nodes.

    Every time I enter a URL in my mozilla browser, the following sort
of error is generated:

    "Unable to connect. Make sure the URL is valid"

    Kindly, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Regards
-Asim-