Re: installing nvidia drivers - kernel-headers problem

Hi
On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:34, Andreas Janssen wrote:
[...]
> Make sure, that the nvidia-glx package is installed as well. You also
> must change the video driver from "nv" to "nvidia"
> in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

Done and done, and I restarted X as well.

I started nvidia-settings and it brings up a nice menu showing that it
recognised my graphics card as a "GeForce FX Go53xx".

the +/- 32 FPS I mentioned earlier is what the "show FPS" option shows
on the GL-screensavers (GLMatrix, ...)

When I run glxgears from the command line I see very different figures:
when glxgears is running in fullscreen mode I get about 1970 frames in
5.0 seconds =~ 390.000 FPS
when I give focus to the xterm I started glxgears from the figures rise
to about 7790 frames in 5.0 seconds =~ 1560.000 FPS.

Can anybody tell me where I can read about the meaning of all these
figures?  How I should interpret them, in what mode I should be running
glxgears, etc.

TIA

Bram
--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens@linux.be>   Linux User #349737 #
# SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586)     kernel 2.4.20-4GB      i686     512MB RAM #