Java

I'm trying to get Java running with the firefox browser.

I can't seem to find anything under the blackdown packages that will actually work. Seems there are some gcc version problems.

I also am not sure what I'm supposed to do with Sun's packages.
Too bad they don't have enough sense to put deb's out there.

How do I get java working?

All I really need are Applets since I don't have any real java applications running today. But in the long run, I would prefer to have something with is .deb compatible and full JRE capable.