Re: files always corrupt

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Dan McCullough wrote:

I'm rebuilding a server that is in my home office, yes I built it myself.
I'm at my wits end.  When I download, load from a cd the files are always
corrupt.  If I take the har drives out and install in another machine I
can install without any issue.  I've done CD install from CD-RWs, CD media

Check the hardware.  First, make a Memtest86+ boot floppy, and test the
memory. Then replace the drive cabling, and make sure it is sitting *alone*
on that cable.  Failing that, try with another drive, or a net-install from
floppies...

purchased online, Network installs, all of them fail due to files being
corrupt.  BTW I'm attempting the Debian network install, and I get through

This is typical of bad memory or cabling.

And let us know how you do.

Hugo