Re: Choosing a flavor of Debian? --> bf2.4 HOW???

mj-barton@comcast.net wrote:
Choosing a flavor of Debian: BF2.4
In the installation for Debian "Woody" it recommended that you use bf2.4 if you have a usb keyboard and mouse. This fits my hardware configuration perfectly. My question is this: I downloaded US Disc #1. Is this the right disc to use bf2.4 installation method? If so what do I do? If not, what is the appropriate disc to get? Thank You - Mike

CD1 will let you perform a bf2.4 install.  Just boot from the CD,
press F2 or F3 (I forget which brings up the help screen) and
then type in the command line it says to type for a 2.4 kernel
boot.  It is probably bf24 or bf2.4.

Regards,

-Roberto Sanchez