Re: about dhcp client and cdroms

On Sunday 14 November 2004 02:05, "Sergio Cuéllar" wrote:
> Thanks, i ve already fixed the problem with dhcp-client , but i havent
> found  the man pages of devfsd or udev. Ive also tried a dpkg -l |
> grep devfsd and it seems i dont have this packages installed.
>
> Which package do you recommend me to install ?

udev (probably with hotplug) is the best combination but (I think) only works
with 2.6 kernels.

devfsd is the older version and is being depreciated - but it does work with
2.4 kernels.

I don't know much about discover, which is also relevant (as the other reply
to my previous post mentions)

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk