Re: about dhcp client and cdroms

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 00:30 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Saturday 13 November 2004 23:15, "Sergio Cuéllar" wrote:
> > Hi everybody, I am new to Debian and i find its a great Operating
> > System, I decided to use Debian Sarge, i made a netinstall and
> > everything work fine, just a few things that i dont know how to fix.
> > the first one is that i have 2 cdroms, the system dectect both at
> > booting, and with dmesg i find:
> >
> > hdc: CREATIVE CD5220E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> > hdd: HL-DT-ST GCE-8400B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> >
> > Then I go to /media and i found that i only had a mount point for cdrom:
> >
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root    6 2004-10-28 13:13 cdrom -> cdrom0
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root    7 2004-10-28 13:13 floppy -> floppy0
> > drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root   48 2004-10-28 13:13 floppy0
> >
> > And it really doesnt exist, so i created cdrom0 and cdrom 1, but after
> > rebooting the directories disappeared. How can i create the mount
> > points for the cdroms and avoid that they are deleted after rebooting?

I believe the package that does that is "discover".  Note these
lines from /etc/default/discover :
  MANAGE_CDROM_DEVICES=true
  CDROM_BASE_MOUNTPOINT=/media/

# dpkg-reconfigure -plow discover

This will ask you whether you want Debian to manage your CD/DVD
drives.  Answer yes, and it will create cdrom0 and cdrom1.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

4 degrees from Vladimir Putin