Re: fullscreen with mplayer

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 13:48 +0100, Christian Christmann wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:30:13 +0100, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> >> I've installed mplayer from the sarge packages. The player works fine
> >> but I can't use it in fullscreen mode. I've tried all available drivers
> >> for the video options but the screen size still remains small. My
> >> graphic card is a Vipper 770, lspci indicates: nVidia Corporation NV5
> >> [RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro] (rev 11)
> >
> > I think "full screen" means "no windows".  You'd have to add other
> > switches to make the picture bigger.
> >
> > Do "man mplayer", and search for the "-fs" option to see what I'm talking
> > about.
>
> What I actually mean is that you get the movie on the fullscreen just like
> on TV. When I use the -fs option, I see no other windows but the playing
> movie itself is still in a small window in the middle of my screen.

Yes, I know.  Use -zoom along with other options.  Some examples:

  $ mplayer -fs -zoom -xy2
  $ mplayer -fs -zoom -xy3
  $ mplayer -fs -zoom -x 1024 -aspect 4:3 (or -aspect 16:9)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

After seeing all the viruses, trojan horses, worms and Reply
mails from stupidly-configured anti-virus software that's been
hurled upon the internet for the last 3 years, and the time/money
that is spent protecting against said viruses, trojan horses &
worms, I can only conclude that Microsoft is dangerous to the
internet and American commerce, and it's software should be
banned.