Re: why debian

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 08:53:58PM -0600, Tim Kelley wrote:
> On Friday 12 November 2004 02:11, ken keanon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There are so many distros out there its confusing. Any reason(s) why Debian
> > should be the preferred choice?
> >
> > Any statistics from any source(s) to proof the popularity of Debian?
> >
> > I'm in the dark waiting to be enlightened.
>
> Well, first, some very general things:
[...]
> 2. Debian is a democratic organization, this means they cannot change
> directions suddenly, are not subject to the whims of an executive, and will
> not incur massive upsets in the user base nor in its developers.

Debian isn't a true democracy.  We elect our leader, and thereafter
the leader acts under his own accord.

The recent leaders have generally taken a hands-off approach so you
probably don't really notice they're even there.  However, I believe
some leaders before my time (Bruce Perens, for example), were much more
active and took more advantage of their power.

--
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!