scsi with 2.6.8-smp kernel

I used the sarge debian-installer to install with a 2.6 kernel.  My
My ISA adaptec scsi2 card was not found, of course, but I can't find
any adaptec drivers in the distribution, my superdisk is recognized
twice, and my ISA cdrom r/w at hdd doesn't have any scsi emulation
for writing.  What happened to the drivers?  I
don't know how to even start installing my scsi scanner or cdrom.  There are
tools galore which tell me I don't have drivers, but nothing about how
to apt-get them.  daveA