Re: scsi with 2.6.8-smp kernel

On Friday 12 November 2004 07:26 am, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> I used the sarge debian-installer to install with a 2.6 kernel.  My
> My ISA adaptec scsi2 card was not found, of course, but I can't find
> any adaptec drivers in the distribution, my superdisk is recognized
> twice, and my ISA cdrom r/w at hdd doesn't have any scsi emulation
> for writing.  What happened to the drivers?

These are in the 2.6.8 source tree, they may be for ISA. If they are not
included as modules in your kernel you may need to roll your ow,
# CONFIG_SCSI_AHA152X is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AHA1542 is not set

For kernel 2.6.x ide-scsi in no longer used, the ATAPI driver takes care
of the burning.

--
Greg C. Madden