Re: why debian

ken keanon wrote:

Hi,
There are so many distros out there its confusing. Any reason(s) why Debian should be the preferred choice?

For me, it's because Debian is philosophically pure. It's "Free" (as well as free). I don't have to worry about licensing issues; if I want to install a piece of Debian software, I just install it, without worry that I'm breaking some EULA-type license, and without concern about trial demo periods, or having to purchase a license, etc.

--
Kent