Re: How to get more than 800x600?

On (02/01/02 09:03), Michael Barton wrote:
> 1. How do I get above 800x600?
> I am using ATI - Radeon 8500.
>
> 2.   Where to application directories go like "Program Files" in XP?
> I am installing Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox.

>From the date on your message it would appear that your system is in
need of configuration.  The information you've provided is a bit thin.
You are more likely to get helpful responses if you provide more detail:

eg. 	how did you install and from where (CDs, http etc)
	about your set up h/w, net access etc.

1.	if you've managed to get X started and want to change
resolution, try dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

2.	if you use the debian apt package management system
(recommended), it knows where to put program files (and debian bears no
resemblance to XP).  A handy front-end to apt is aptitude.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...