Re: clock speed too fast when power plugged in

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:28:17AM +0000, David Hugh-Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with kernel 2.6.8 on my Toshiba laptop. If I boot up
> with the power plugged in, the system clock runs much too fast - about
> 3 times too fast. I've been reading around this problem, and assume it
> has something to do with how Linux judges the CPU speed. Is there
> anything I can do to make my clock run normal?

I don't have an answer, but I have a similar problem. Mine isn't
consistent though; it only sometimes happens, I haven't noticed whether
there's a correlation with mains power, and it seems to be about twice
normal speed instead of 3 times.

Mine is also a Toshiba - a Tecra 8100.

Any tips appreciated.

Richard