Re: matlab under debian

At Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:26:07 +0100,
Peter Robinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the latest version of matlab (7/SP1) that I have not been able to
> install under Debian (3.0, kernel 2.6.7).
> It seems as if the startup matlab script is trying to get the libc
> version number and not succeeding. Has anybody else seen this problem?I
> would be grateful for any tips!! WHen one is used to getting lots of
> great programs for free with Debian it is particularly annoying to pay
> for a program and not be able to install it :-)

It installs quite nicely for me, just spits these errors. The problem is that
its trying to execute /lib/libc.so.6 and find the version from the output
(apparently its possible under red-hat, I don't know whats the difference).
What to kill the errors was after installation to change the file
bin/util/oscheck.sh, line 134. Replace
ver=`/lib/libc.so.6 | head -1 | sed -e "s/^[^0-9]*//" -e "s/[ ,].*$//"`
with
ver=`strings /lib/libc.so.6 | grep "GNU C Library" | sed -e "s/^[^0-9]*//" -e

If you can't install, you can probably copy the first cdrom to disk and do the
same with the install file (install in the root of the disk, the file you are
running to start the installation). Its line 697 in that file.