Embedded server installation via LAN only - looking for suggestions

Hello list members,

in the next days, I'll have to install an embedded server without
floppy disk or CD ROM drive. However, the server can boot from one
of the LAN ports located on the motherboard (VIA VT6103/VT6105). I
have successfully installed SuSE Linux with AutoYaST on similar
servers before, but I'd like to go for Debian this time (Sarge, if
possible).

What would you recommend as suitable starting points for this kind
of network-based installation, and what is your favourite AutoYaST-
lookalike for Debian?

Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter