RE: pam/sshd question: allowing a user to try logging in more than once

Jeremy Brown wrote:
> Check out my 2nd message.  I'm authenticating against an LDAP server
> and thus require PAM.

Oops, sorry, I guess I didn't read carefully enough.

> I know this can be done with PAM.  I have a Fedora Core box that
> authenticates against LDAP for OpenSSH (via PAM), and it requests my
> password 3 times if invalid.

Are your users using PuTTY?  For me, the problem only manifests itself with
PuTTY, connecting from every other SSH client I tried gave the expected
behavior (3 password requests).

Maybe someone on comp.security.ssh would have an answer?