Re: pam/sshd question: allowing a user to try logging in more than once

Michael Sims wrote:

Jeremy Brown wrote:
The subject line is fairly self-explanatory.  Currently users who
connect to my debian testing machine at work are prompted for their
username, then their password only once.  If a user enters a bad
password, he or she is kicked out immediately and must open a new ssh
connection in order to try again.

Hi,

Please see this archived message:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=debian-user&m=109890625028036&w=2

HTH

Check out my 2nd message. I'm authenticating against an LDAP server and thus require PAM.

I know this can be done with PAM. I have a Fedora Core box that authenticates against LDAP for OpenSSH (via PAM), and it requests my password 3 times if invalid.

Jeremy