Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2004 #1571

On (10/11/04 04:04), Ajitabh Pandey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am on dialup and can't download ISOs and burn them.
> I installed woody 3.0r2 on my stystem and then I have
> started using apt-pinning to upgrade to latest
> packages.
> But this is also coming out to be expensive. apt-get
> dist-upgrade will also be very expensive on dialup and
> time consuming too.
>
> I have looked at many online CD vendors, they seem to
> offer only woody. Can someone suggest me from where
> can I get the testing and unstable ditributions. I
> beleive testing might be using the new Debian
> installer.
>
> I am located in UK near London.
>
> Cheers.
> Ajitabh Pandey
I've got the netinst image for the new debian-installer (sarge) which I
can burn for you, if you mail me off list (I'm in N. London).  However,
it will leave you with the problem of downloading the current packages.
There is also a businesscard CD image which I could also burn but I
don't know what it includes.

Regards

Clive

--