printing on "non-standard" sheet sizes

Hello,

I'm working on a project that uses longer-than-normal paper. I'm using the
hpijs-1.5 driver information. The README file says that A3 should be a
supported paper size, however, it is not recognized by cupsys when I go to
the web interface. My sheets aren't really A3, but this is the closest
available size that my printer supports. (The sheets are 8.5" x 15.75 for
this print job and then I have another one in a few weeks that will use
8.5" x 22".)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable the A3 paper size in
cupsys? There must be a config file somewhere that lists all of the known
paper sizes, no? Basically I need to trick my printer into allowing a
longer than normal sheet size.

thanks for your help,
emma

--