Re: Passwd fails - what went wrong?

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

On Monday 08 November 2004 09:55 am, Ramasubramanian Ramesh wrote:
No that is not the problem. The passwd itself fails and I cannot change
passwd for any user. In fact the above transcript points this out.

passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
adduser: `/usr/bin/passwd lata' returned error code 10.  Aborting.

It adds the group alright. It is the passwd setting that fails. It is
some PAM setup issue. I do not know for sure if it is. If so what do I
need to fix it.

Thanks and Regards
Ramesh

You haven't said about which distribution you actually are using ?

rrs
Sorry, It is testing (Sarge, I believe)

Ramesh