Re: ignoring dependencies

 --- Filip Moritz <moritz@ieb.net> wrote:
> Now, is there any means to apt-get install A, ignoring it's alleged
> dependencies to B and C, not affecting it's remaining deps?

Doing so is a really stupid idea, since the dependencies are there to
ensure that the intended package you install will work. If it is the case
that youhave versions of packages B and C that are already installed, you
could use 'equivs', but I don't think it will help you here.

-- Thomas Adam

"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"