Re: dhclient: how to fill the dhclient.lease data file ?

> my `/var/lib/dhclient.lease' file is obsolutely empty.
> I tried to figure out how it can be filled,
> but I found nothing:
> any idea ?

Dhclient is a DHCP client. Its role is to send a request for an IP adress, which
is given by a DHCP server for a certain time (in general about 6 hours). After
the end of this "lease" it must send another request and get a new IP adress.
The information regarding the current lease should not be filled by the user. It
has to be given by a DHCP server.
You have to fix up the problem or use a static IP, if you have one.