Re: bash_logout & xsession help needed

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:48:41 +0000, Michael Graham wrote:
> I have this simple .xsession
>
> #!/bin/bash -l
>
> gnome-session
>
> and this even simpler .bash_logout
>
> echo hello > /tmp/logout
>
> When I logout from a console the file /tmp/logout is created (as expected)
> but when I logout of gnome the file isn't created. Can anyone explain this
> behaviour?

I believe I now understand what is happening. I need to have

#!/bin/bash -l

gnome-session
logout

And I believe the to be a bug in bash (or a mistake in man bash) as the
man page says:

When  a  login  shell  exits, bash reads and executes commands from the
file ~/.bash_logout, if it exists.

But I can only get this file to execute if I explicitly "logout". For
example

~/.bash_login:
echo hello

~/.bash_logout: