Re: post-2.6 upgrade problems

On Wednesday November 3 2004 23:34, Aaron Thoreson wrote:
> After an upgrade from 2.4.19 stable to 2.6.9 custom (maybe too
> ambitious?) I've lost the ability to ssh into the upgraded box.
>
> auth.log is reporting
> error: openpty: No such file or directory
> error: session_pty_req: session 0 alloc failed

The problem is that you don't have the PTS filesystem mounted. This should
normally be done by the mountvirtfs init script (package initscripts). Stable
doesn't have this script since it was pretty useless back when stable was
born, so I guess you'll have to see how it works or try and install it along
with its dependencies.

The relevant output of mount is:

devfs should theoretically handle the rest (if you have devfsd running).

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de