Re: Using more than one driver for a laser printer?

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 17:30, Frank Gevaerts wrote:

> AFAIK yes, but maybe you'd better try it. While I have used such a
> setup, I never try to print much at the same time, so I may never have
> been in that case.

I used magicfilterconfig to set up /etc/printcap as follows:

but "lpr -P PodLaserPS foo.ps" wouldn't work until I added the printer
through the CUPS web interface too.  Now it works.

The danger of simultaneous printing is there but not too high: one
Windows machine also prints to it through Samba (using the Brother
Windows drivers).

Thanks for the advice.