Re: Problem with QT-applications

Stephan Palmer wrote:
Hi Justin,

thank you very much for your hint!

A strace output of a crashing kwrite-application can be found at:

http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~stpalmer/kwrite_strace.txt

A strace output of non-crashing kwrite after "export LC_CTYPE=C" can be
found at:

http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~stpalmer/kwrite_strace_working.txt

And the problem description again:

"Hi Debian User Usegroup,

since one of my recent dist-upgrades, KDE / QT - applications crash right
away on my debian unstable system. If I change the LC_CTYPE-locale-value
from "en_US.ISO-8859-15" to "C", they start again normally. Does anyone of
you people have an idea whats causing this ?

Thank you very much,
Stephan Palmer"

Can anybody of you help me - with those outputs ? That would be great.
Thanks again,
Stephan Palmer

since one of my recent dist-upgrades, KDE / QT - applications crash right
away on my debian unstable system. If I change the LC_CTYPE-locale-value
from "en_US.ISO-8859-15" to "C", they start again normally. Does anyone
of you people have an idea whats causing this ?

Thank you very much,
Stephan Palmer

Hi Stephan,

You're more likely to get an answer if you post some debugging output. Either start an application in debug mode, or use strace (or both) and post the results. Otherwise, only someone who's had the same problem can help you, or else they can only guess.

Justin Guerin

I think you ought to try their mailing list. I find their particular mailing list not very useful: too many notes...

You DID backup before the upgrade no?

Hugo