Re: Setting samplerate on /dev/dsp

ognjen Bezanov wrote:
Hi all, while not technically debian related it has something to do with
linux.

I want to capture data from my /dev/dsp device but the devices defaults
are 8bit mono sound, i want to know how to set the samplerate and
mono/stereo from the command line, a google search showed me only how to
do it in C++ (using ioctl). is it possible?

if not is there are program out there which would let me set the
samplerate before capture?

If you're using ALSA, the arecord command from the alsa-utils package should do the job.

Ben.