Re: problems with qla2x00
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: problems with qla2x00
- From: Matt Zagrabelny <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:34:56 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <OFEC56436E.2F9FA34E-ONC1256F3E.00537B0E-41256F3E.0053FBB4@nimbus.at> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 15:22 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 10:01 -0600, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 16:17 +0100, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > i have just got done installing sarge on a similar machine that is set
> > to boot off of the SAN.
> Out of curiosity, why not boot from a local disk, and leave the
> SAN for the data?
i guess the idea is that the SAN is a single point of failure. no sense
complicating the server with another moving part.