Re: Webmin and 2.6-kernel

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:

> I have two machines with the exact same /etc/apt/sources.list files
> running sarge, the only difference between them I can think of is that
> one is running kernel 2.6 and the other 2.4. The one with the 2.6-kernel
> returns far fewer packages when running "apt-cache search webmin" than
> the 2.4-one. The one I was missing was webmin-adsl. Is the
> kernel-version the problem, does apt exclude packages because they don't
> support the new kernel? Any ideas? Thanx

It's not you or your kernels fault.  Due to a dependency loop, many of the
webmin module packages are missing from sarge.  I have spoken to the
release managers and hopefully this will be fixed today or tomorrow.  In
the mean time you can grab the packages from sid.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>