Re: Help!

Tech4rce microsystems wrote:
I'm a linux newbie, and having problems installing Debian "woody".

Why are you installing Debian "woody" then? It's old, not especially the best for newbies; try using http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/i386/pre-rc2/sarge-i386-netinst.iso the pre-rc2 of debian-installer, it's smarter than the old installer and installed debian sarge, not debian woody; debian sarge is the next stable version of debian.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, maybe try installing knoppix, (knoppix is a hacked version of debian, that boots your computer directly into a running desktop; there, you can choose knoppix-install -- somewhere in the menus it has I guess) that should take care of all the problems of setting up the installation;

HTH,

Joris