Re: nv vs. nvidia - dual

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> >>2. I run two X servers for 2 displays, one on AGP TNT2 and one on PCI
> >>MX-440. If I restart the second server, the character sizes change, from
> >>"normal" to tiny. I can get them back to normal by restarting gdm.

how do you "restart the 2nd server" when both are using the same
nvidia driver ??

> Section "Module"
> 	Load  "dbe"
> #	Load  "dri"

i'd leave dri on, but i see you have it below too

> 	Load  "extmod"
> 	Load  "glx"
> 	Load  "pex5"
> 	Load  "record"
> 	Load  "xie"
> 	Load  "type1"
> #--------------------------------------
> 	Load    "freetype"
> #	Load	"type1"
> 	Load    "xft"
> #	Load	"extmod"
> #	Load    "xie"
> #	Load	"pex5"
> #	Load    "glx"
> #	Load	"dri"
> #	Load    "GLcore"

guess its okay if you dont need openGL stuff

> #	Load	"dbe"
> #---------------------------------------
> EndSection

> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier   "Monitor0"
> 	VendorName   "SAM"
> 	ModelName    "1057"
> 	HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
> 	VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
> EndSection

///
/// where is your Monitor1 definitions
/// ================================

> 	Identifier  "nvidia0"
> 	Driver      "nvidia"

good

> 	Identifier  "nvidia1"
> 	Driver      "nvidia"

good

> 	DefaultColorDepth 16			#Added... Colors looked off...

eliminate depth 1, depth 4, depth 8, ... anything that is not used

> 	SubSection "Display"
> 		Depth     16
> 	EndSubSection

> 	Monitor    "Monitor0"
> 	DefaultColorDepth 16			#Added... Colors looked off...

/// is both monitors the same ??

c ya
alvin