Re: nv vs. nvidia - kernel

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Russ Pitman wrote:

> The only way I found to remove the drivers was to reinstall the system !!
> That was with 2.4.xx kernels, perhaps the 2.6.8 kernel has improved ??

if you download the latest nvidia drviers from them,
nvidia driver issue is NOT a kernel problem

their installer suck the big one, and you do have to go clean up
after their "so called install" that didn't move aside the old drivers
	- this has been an ongoing problem for a year that i know of
	and finally sat down to see why glxgears doesn't work on
	some versions of nvidia hw and drivers but works on others
	( reinstall n-times and do multiple experiments )

	- if glxgears work, most other openGL should also work

	and in my case, i need 3D stereo to work on the nvidia and
	ati cards

c ya
alvin