Re: instalation problem

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:28:51 -0700 (PDT), lado samushia
wrote:

> Hi gays,
>
> I'm gonna migrate to Linux and would like to install
> Debian on my comp. I have already downloaded iso
> images and burnt them on CDs; problem is that when I
> insert the CD and restart it doesn't boot Debian (in
> setup menu primary boot device is CD-ROM and when I
> insert Windows XP installation disk it does).
>
> could you help me, please, to figure out whats the
> problem and how to fix it.
>
> Sincerely,
> Lado.

Did you try the cd's on other computer just for assure
that the images were burned correctly.

Also if the cdrom is not recognized you will need to
make a floppy disk in order to boot.

The instructions are at:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-rescue-boot.en.html#s-boot-from-floppies
"5.3 Booting from Floppies"

Regards

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)