Audio Problem

Hello,

Debian: Sarge
Kernel: 2.4.27-1-386

I have a problem with and audio card, I already install
the needed modules in my case:

#lspci
(...)
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia Audio Controller: Intel Corp
82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
(...)

#lsmod
Module        Size   Used by  Not taited
(...)
i810_audio    21372   2
ac97_codec    11252   0       [i810_audio]
soundcore      3268   2       [i810_audio]
(...)

now the question is, if I have the correct modules for
my sound card

1. why I can not hear any sound?.
2  How can I configure the sound card once the modules
are loaded?
3. There is a command to do this?, which one?

I already try sndconf

I will appreciate any help or point to a source.

Regards.

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)