Re: Problem with Sarge-NetInstall m68k on my Amiga (won't even start...)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 01:42:44AM +0200, Tobias Matschke wrote:
> > I downloaded the latest NetInstall ISO
> > (http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/m68k/pre-rc2/sarge-m68k-netinst.iso)
> > and tried to install debian on my Amiga... But I can't even start the
> > installer, because it doesn't find the size of the ram-disk. This may be
> > related to the fact, that there ist no "root.bin" throughout the whole CD.
> > I made a Screenshot for you to see the error message:
>
> Sorry, StartInstall should probably say ../../cdrom/initrd.gz. If that's
> incorrect, please let me know.

Nah, that's not a valid AmigaOS path. `/' means `one up' (and `:' means
`root'), so it should be:

    //cdrom/initrd.gz

> > PS: I cross-chrecked this with UAE, but the problem persists.
>
> UAE doesn't support linux. :-(

You mean: (without extra patches) UAE doesn't support emulating the MMU?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds