Re: Sound on ThinkPad 390

* Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> [2004 Oct 29 13:49 -0500]:
> Thanks to all who helped me get my destop box playing midi and
> converting it to wav.  Now I have a new problem.
>
> Well, its pretty much the same problem, just on the laptop.
>
> I have installed snd, sox, and timidity on the laptop, which is an IBM
> ThinkPad 390, running Woody.

I'm running Sarge on my 390E and it uses the es1938 driver.  However, I
am using ALSA so I have a bunch more/different modules loaded than the
OSS modules included with the 2.4 kernel.  Can you install and run
sndconfig?  I think it may help you.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of