Re: faq on choosing a debian distribution - draft 1

Incoming from Gilbert, Joseph:

> > If you are worried about security and stability issues,
> > install stable. period.

Correct!

> I do not think stable is necessarily the best if you are very concerned
> about security.  Packages with recent security fixes can take time to make
> it into stable.  I have found testing much better for this.

Fixes go into _unstable_ first.  Then (if they're accepted) they go
into _stable_.  Eventually, they trickle down (up?) into _testing_.

Right now, with testing (sarge) threatening to go stable, testing's
getting updates at the same time as stable (woody) is, but that's only
a temporary situation.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -