Re: nv vs. nvidia

hi ya

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> The difference I noticed is in the XF86Config-4.conf:
> 1. I had to use modes to use 1280x1024, with Nvidia I don't.

modes are predefined in the X driver

you might need to fiddle/define the modelines if you want 1400x1024 etc
but lower res should be fine using the built in defaults

> 2. I run two X servers for 2 displays, one on AGP TNT2 and one on PCI
> MX-440. If I restart the second server, the character sizes change, from
> "normal" to tiny. I can get them back to normal by restarting gdm.

whacky ...
	- what does the XF86Config look like

> The only errors I see:
>
> Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
> Symbol __glXActiveScreens from module
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!

those seem to be non-critical warnings, we have 3D stuff working w/
nvidia cards and openGL apps ...

c ya
alvin>